Shopping Hours vary depending on the size of the shop and what it sells. There are also lcoal variations and bylaws set by each municipality. There are plenty of exceptions, but in general:
- Most small shops are open from around 9.00 - 12.30 in the morning and again from 3.30 to 7.30 in the evening, Monday to Saturday.
- Clothing shops often close on Monday morning or for all of Monday.
- Many smaller shops close on Monday and/or Wednesday afternoons.
- Restaurants close on Monday or Tuesday. They are open from 12 noon to 14.00 and then 7.00 to 9.00 in the evening; especially in the south they are open much later in the evening.
- Banks are open from 8.30 to 1.30 and then 2.00 to 3.30, Monday to Friday. In some areas (particularly touristic areas) banks may be open on Saturday as well. ATMs are open 24 hours a day.
- Pharmacies are open during normal shopping hours but they also operate a rota system whereby there will be at least 1 pharmacy open 24 hours a day. The rota is posted on all pharmacy windows.
- Post Offices are open 8.30 to 1.30 Monday to Friday and then 8.30 to 1.00 on Saturday.
Larger shops and supermarkets are open all day long with some open on Sundays as well. Public offices are open in the mornings, Monday to Friday. More public offices are now opening in the afternoons also.
Note also that many smaller shops close entirely for the holidays in August.
|Whos here now: Members 0 Guests 1 Bots & Crawlers 0|